One of the worst outcomes of poor body image is that it often becomes systemic – taking all of one’s self esteem and day-to-day joy-of-life with it.
If only we could say, my big butt is not my best feature and love the rest of ourselves completely. My big butt is not who I am; for many of us, we will allow thoughts and feelings about a body part to run our lives.
Our negative thoughts about our body start to kill our inside spirit.
The popular idea, sold by millions of weight-loss experts and fads is that first we will lose weight and then, and only then, will we get to love ourselves. But it isn’t working, is it? That’s because it doesn’t work that way.
Here’s what ends up happening:
a) Self-loathing still drives you and so you continue to overeat.
b) You don’t “love the new skin you’re in,” and, even though you may have lost a few pounds, you
gain it back immediately.
c) You do lose weight, but you still don’t truly love yourself or believe you’re beautiful and magnificent. You thought losing weight would change all that, but you’re still left feeling that you’re “not enough.”
So, here’s the big What If.
What if you make weight loss an inside job?
Just try it on for size:
1) Remember, popularity is when other people like me. Happiness is when I LIKE ME. Say
this to yourself out loud right now, I will like me today! Because (i.e., I am wise, I
am smart, I am generous, etc.). . . _________________, _______________, ________.
2) You are what you eat. So don’t eat crap.
3) Just for today! Stop hanging out with people who deplete your energy and your spirit. And then do it the next day and the next day.
4) Enjoy a day of fun physical activity – at whatever level you’re at — and eat great foods today
just because you can.
5) These Pinky steps over time will work. The key is consistency, support and a willingness to keep going when fear creeps in.
The truth is that beauty is an inside job!
Because you are the only YOU that you get!
Invest in yourself. Your only real job is to be happy and love the skin you are in. I invite you to be like this gorgeous kitten above, OPEN, HAPPY and WILLING TO RECEIVE.Tags: beauty, happy, OnePinky, pinky, spirit, weight, weight loss